Full Job Description
Stop & Shop is seeking a Part Time Night Supervisor to join our management team in our Staten Island, NY store. Begin a career journey focused on your development and success and enjoy a culture that supports and values our customers, our neighbors and each other.
Part Time Night Supervisors champion and support the culture and values of Stop & Shop and have a impact on delivering our promise of a streamlined, personalized shopping experience for our customers. Part Time Night Supervisors have a positive presence on the sales floor and will use their exceptional interpersonal skills when interacting with customers and associates; creating a welcoming and safe environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform total store management responsibilities as required;
- Manage, implement and maintain high standards of food safety and sanitation in all areas of the store to be compliant with federal, state local and Stop and Shop policy and procedures
- Minimize store expenses through efficient use of supplies, proper use and maintenance of equipment and identifying cost cutting opportunities
- Ensure store conditions are at company standards
- Implement and ensure best in class customer service practices are in place and adhered to
- Education: High school diploma required, some college preferred;
- Experience: 1 – 2 years previous grocery retail management experience preferred;
- Special Skills: Interpersonal, decision making, delegation, leadership and conflict management skills.
Typical schedule will be weekday and weekend nights.
- Supervise and direct a team of employees ranging from 12-20 closing night shift employees
- Customer Service
- Scan items (repetitive hand/arm/shoulder motion).
- Lift (boxed – up to 40 lbs./frequently; up to 20 lbs./occasionally).
- Face and neaten shelf stock in aisles.
- Put away overstock and customer returns.
- Stock Front End merchandisers.
- Retrieve carriages, as necessary.
- Maintain general sanitation/housekeeping – cleaning, dusting, and washing.
- Pulling Pallets of Merchandise and sorting product by aisle.
- Must be able to learn to use electronic jack as well as hand pump jack.
- Other job functions as assigned or necessary