Clinical Social Worker
Urban Health Plan
At Urban Health Plan (UHP) our mission is to continuously improve the health of communities and the quality of life of the people we serve by providing affordable, comprehensive, quality, primary and specialty health care and by assuring the performance and advancement of innovative best practices. At UHP, our commitment to provide patient-centered, holistic, quality health care, is part of a tradition started by our founder, Dr. Richard Izquierdo, more than 40 years ago. That tradition continues today by promoting excellence in everything that we do.
Position Summary: Urban Health Plan is seeking Clinical Social Workers (Bilingual English/Spanish) to work within their Behavioral Health Division at their Boricua Community Health Center. As part of the interdisciplinary Family Medicine team, you will provide individual therapy to both children and adult patients. As a Clinical LMSW or LCSW, you will utilize evidence-based approaches to provide quality individual therapy to our patients. Clinical supervision is provided.
- Completes behavioral health screening, assessments, and evidence-based psychotherapy.
- Provides point of care service when necessary.
- Conducts therapy sessions with children and/or adults.
- Engages in crisis intervention.
- Collaborates with medical providers and provides consultations.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from Accredited Institution is required.
- NYS Licensed LMSW is required. NYS LCSW is preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience providing counseling and therapy services is required.
- Bilingual Spanish/English, required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to identify high-risk psychosocial factors in patients and families that impact health status.
Salary: $60-80k annually