As a member of the Dental Department, the Dental Assistants play a pivotal role in the day-to-day operations of the team. We are currently hiring Dental Assistants who will provide chairside support to Pediatric and General Dentistry at our Bella Vista Health Center and El Nuevo San Juan Bronx based centers. Dental Assistants allow for our Dentists to provide efficient, high quality care to patients. They are responsible for providing hands-on support and completing prep work so they can complete the required tasks at maximum speed and efficiency These are regularly full time roles (40 hours) with a required schedule of either Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm or Tuesday through Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm.
Starting Compensation: Minimum $18.75 per hour; Maximum $18.75 per hour
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- Dental Assistant Certificate required.
- 0-1 years of related experience in a dental setting with four-handed dentistry.
- Must have flexible schedule.
- Bilingual Spanish/English required.
- Knowledge of Dental Software and EHR, highly desired.
- Assists the Dentist with routine procedures.
- Prepares treatment room and tray setups for dental provider.
- Takes digital X-rays and impressions.
- Orders dental supplies and maintains inventory.
- Completes infection control sterilization of all equipment and instruments.
- Schedules appointments and maintains reception area as required.
- Distributes patient educational materials as needed.
- Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals.
About Urban Health Plan:At Urban Health Plan (UHP) our mission is to continuously improve the health of communities and the quality of life of the people we serve by providing affordable, comprehensive, quality, primary and specialty health care and by assuring the performance and advancement of innovative best practices. At UHP, our commitment to provide patient-centered, holistic, quality health care, is part of a tradition started by our founder, Dr. Richard Izquierdo, more than 40 years ago. That tradition continues today by promoting excellence in everything that we do.
- Fully funded Health Insurance for yourself
- 73.5% funded Health Insurance for your family
- Dental Insurance
- $50,000 term life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings (including annual UHP Contribution)
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive time off including paid vacation, personal time, sick time, and paid holidays (including your birthday!).
UHP is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin/ancestry, citizenship status, disability, age, marital or family status, and military or veteran status.