Case Manager Supervisor
Position Summary: The successful candidate will assist the Assistant Director of Social Services in the overall operation of the program, including planning, development, implementation, monitoring, evaluating and improving procedures. The supervisor will be responsible for the daily supervision and management of the daily operations of the Social Services Department under the guidance of the Assistant Director and Director of Social Services.
- Ensure employees follow the organization’s policies and procedures, including but not limited to conflict resolution
- Responsible to be knowledgeable with current job descriptions of senior case managers and case managers; including work plans goals & objectives
- Assist Director/Assistant Director of Social Services with approval of employee timesheets and time off requests
- Participate in the development of overall department goals, objectives, policies and procedures, making recommendations for changes to existing standards
- Oversee a team of case managers with preparation of service/treatment plans, discharge plans, and follow-up care programs
- Responsible for recruiting, supervising, monitoring, and evaluating social services staff members to ensure they successfully perform routine daily, weekly and periodic tasks
- Establish and implement schedules and work assignments for the social services department
- Provide therapeutic crisis intervention and emergency services as required
- Ensure unit case managers provide and/or arranges for all required and appropriate services including housing, employment, therapeutic placements, etc.
- Responsible to ensure training or orientation to unit for new employees
- Establish and maintain supervisory case notes, referrals, and other related documents
- Maintain ongoing communication with social services and other departmental supervisors concerning social services issues
- Working diplomatically to solve problems in the facility
- Producing, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual progress reports
- Consult with other agencies and individuals other agencies and individuals in relation to resident records, rights, and responsibilities
- Maintain Chart Compliance within OTDA and DHS standards and complete monthly chart audits
- Work collaboratively with housing specialist and employment services staff to identify client readiness on employment and/or housing
- Plans and facilitates community outreach and other related activities
- Serve as a liaison and representative to community organizations as needed
- Baccalaureate degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, or related field with 2+ years of direct social service supervisory experience
- Associate degree. in Human Service, or related field with 4+ years of direct social service supervisory experience
- High School Diploma/General Equivalent Diploma with 8 plus years of direct social service supervisory experience
- Ability to work some evenings and occasional weekends as needed
- Excellent and demonstrated writing ability.
- Strong assessment, direct practice, counseling, supervision, community outreach, group leadership and program development experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel and database management skills.
- Knowledge of community resources
- Familiarity with DHS/OTDA social service documentation policies and procedures
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills as well as resourcefulness
- Knowledge of community health services, social service support agencies and networks
- Ability to deal calmly in crisis situations.
- Supervisory experience with a team-oriented approach
- Proven ability to work collaboratively well with diverse groups
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks effectively under pressure
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and efficient
- Maturity, integrity, and sound judgment
Salary: $60k annually