Salary Range:$48,000.00 To 52,000.00 Annually
BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences. We have 60 locations throughout the borough providing a variety of programs that offer assistance in the areas of family, children and youth support, educational services, elder care, homelessness, mental health, and workforce development. We are an employer of choice for anyone interested in a meaningful career in the social services field.
BronxWorks is hiring 1 Case Manager for the Health Education Program
- Provide direct services to clients, including intake, engagement, assessment, service plan development, referral, advocacy, counseling, exit summaries and follow-up.
- Manage a case load for a diverse client population.
- Monitor and document client progress toward service plan goals.
- Document all interactions with, or on behalf of, clients.
- Maintain familiarity with program resources available on and off-site.
- Provide group counseling as assigned by the program director.
- Coordinate client services with other social service, mental health, medical, employment, educational, child care and other providers.
- Conduct regular case conferences with clients and service providers as required.
- Complete program reports on a monthly basis, or more frequently as required.
- Report to, and meet with, supervisor on a monthly basis.
- Conduct home visits and other field work, as required.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct intakes and assessments.
- Work with clients to develop service plans and follow up with clients to achieve goals in the service plans.
- Make referrals to services needed by clients.
- Negotiate and advocate on behalf of clients for services to support self-sufficiency and self-management.
- Conduct reassessments every 6 months with clients and based on the reassessments update their service plans.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Work closely with the Health Educator and Peer Navigator to address the needs of clients.
- Enter services conducted into AIRS.
- Write monthly reports about services provided.
- Make weekly contacts with all clients on the caseload
- Conduct home visits on a weekly basis with Health Educator or Peer Navigator
- Associate’s required. Bachelor’s degree in social work or another related field of study preferred.
- One-year of relevant work experience preferred.
- Engaging personality and detailed orientated skills are essential.
- Strong oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills are necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other standard business technology is required.
- MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID 19*
- Ability to use a computer for prolonged periods
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Ability to stand, walk, or sit for long periods of time
- Ability to climb five flights of stairs, if required to conduct home visits and/or fieldwork
- Ability to bend and retrieve objects and/or documents
- Ability to travel in the boroughs of New York City and its adjacent counties via public transportation
- Ability to travel for a minimum of 1 mile within a reasonable amount of time and in all types of weather, including inclement weather, if required to conduct home visits and/or field work
- ‘TB Test required with the first 120 days of employment’ for Shelters and Homeless Outreach programs
BronxWorks seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. BronxWorks is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees pursuant to applicable law. This commitment applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and employee development, placement, promotion, demotion, upgrading, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact email@example.com.