Position Overview: The Asset Manager will create and lead SHFs asset management strategies, streamline processes, create financial and physical needs strategies, establish oversight and maintenance protocols, set performance benchmarks, and develop plans for corrective actions. The Asset Manager will oversee third-party property management through comprehensive financial review, budget and capital approvals, and facilitate close working relationships with SHFs community, debt and equity partners to ensure optimum property performance and a high-quality affordable housing experience. The Asset Manager will develop the process to establish property goals and outcomes and then measure progress against those metrics. They will identify and implement recapitalization and refinance opportunities for SHFs portfolio of assets, ensuring financial performance and that capital needs will be met.
- Analyze and track performance metrics that quantify the physical and financial health of the portfolio for use in monitoring and reporting to Senior Management and the Board of Directors;
- Integrate new acquisitions into SHFs portfolio by working with third-party management and the development team to stabilize operations and ensure financial and physical performance;
- Develop a long-term strategy for the portfolio inclusive of maintenance and operating costs, revenue and capital repair planning;
- Review and approve annual operating budgets prepared by third-party property managers against ownerships asset management objectives;
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders to complete compliance reporting in accordance with applicable lender, investor and governmental regulatory governance;
- Work with accounting team to coordinate annual financial audits and distribution of surplus cash;
- Review and coordinate the filing of annual Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) reports to ensure compliance with Tax Credit funding requirements;
- Maintain/monitor real estate tax abatement terms and compliance;
- Handle the administration of portfolio-wide insurance policies including policy renewals, risk reduction and claims management;
- Determine the ongoing scoping of green investments including the payback analyses for proposed green measures;
- Coordinate and notify properties of upcoming governmental and other stakeholder inspections and track progress of each inspection from initial notice to completion.
- 3-5 years of experience in asset management or operations, particularly for affordable rental properties including LIHTC and Section 8. New York experience preferred (relevant coursework and/or internships will be considered)
- Experience with financial reporting and modeling, including proficiency with Excel
- Strong organizational, financial, analytical, communication and writing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and complete multiple tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Assertive, self-motivated and able to work independently and with a team;
- Familiarity with building systems and general property management;
- Availability for local travel (within walking distance of public transit), accessing apartments and roofs in buildings without elevators, and occasional weeknight work;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, suggest new ideas and move tasks forward.
- Professional demeanor, outgoing and friendly attitude, flexibility, team player
- Multi lingual or bi lingual highly preferred
- Ability to relate to persons of diverse backgrounds
- Commitment to providing affordable housing for low-to-moderate income populations
- Commitment to the Mission of SHF.