Bronx Community College
Bronx Community College, home to more than 40 academic programs prepares students to continue their education at a four-year institution or begin a career. In addition to our high-quality academic programs, we offer the opportunity to learn from outstanding faculty, create flexible class schedules and grow with the support of our academic community.
Position Summary: The Access Resource Center (ARC)/CARES Coordinator is responsible for outreach to potential clients, benefits intake and screening, guiding clients through various applications processes, processing of said applications, referring clients to external service providers for legal/financial counseling and assisting with all food pantry tasks (receiving, distribution, inventory, marketing of ARC events, etc).
- Reports to the CARES-Counseling and Resources for Emergency Support/ARC-Access Resource Center Manager in the Division of Student Success Conduct intakes and assessments for ARC students
- Prepare, review and monitor Petric, SNAP and other benefit applications
- Maintain and monitor all client data, contact, referrals and outcomes in database; provide reports as needed
- Assist in all Food Pantry tasks (receiving, distribution, inventory, marketing, etc).
- Assists in program research, development and assessment and participates in ongoing trainings, off and on-site, and contribute to peer learning systems
- Maintain positive relationships with referring agencies
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Preferred Qualifications- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Business or related field. Some evenings and weekend work may be required
Salary: $42-77k annually