Position Summary: Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Accounting Assistant will be an important member of the GrowNYC Accounting team, helping to achieve a smooth monthly, quarterly, and year-end close process, support the annual audit process, and ensure that org-wide budget tracking documents are up-to-date and readily accessible by program managers. In addition, the Accounting Assistant will play a key role in tracking government grant expenditures and ensuring timely reimbursement from a variety of government funders. The ideal candidate is a good communicator, flexible, organized, and mathematically inclined, with great analytical problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close process, especially general ledger account reconciliation.
- Ensure that program budgets vs. actual tracking documents are always updated for quick reference.
- Assist with government grant reporting and reimbursement requests.
- Receive and organize credit card purchase documentation from key staff and posts transactions to general ledger.
- Post routine/recurring monthly journal entries to general ledger.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Reconcile quarterly payroll reports.
- Assist with annual financial audit.
- Prepare budget slides and other infographic materials for Board/external presentations.
- Assist with other accounting department tasks as necessary.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a professional accounting environment.
- Must be comfortable in all areas of accounting.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel (a brief skills test may be administered).
- Experience with accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks, Sage, NetSuite).
- Outstanding organizational skills.
Salary: $60k-65k annually