As part of the Arches Transformative Mentoring Program team, the full time Lead Mentor will work closely with the program coordinator to assist in the successful reintegration of young people into their respective community while they serve out their term of probation. In doing so, the lead mentor while working with the project coordinator and other mentors will work with mentees to identify needs in the domains of antisocial/criminal thinking, healthy relationships, education and/or workforce development, and life skills, utilizing an Interactive Journaling curriculum.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as a positive role model for both Arches’ participants and other mentors
• Perform duties of the Project Coordinator in his / her absence
• Conduct orientation sessions
• Responsible for participants’ intake
• Supervise and assist PT Mentors in preparing in advance agendas for group sessions
• Attend DOP Learning Committee meeting as directed
• Attend DOP PC’s meeting when directed
• Assist with recruitment of eligible candidates
• Enter clients into DOP Connect system when directed
• Enter clients into Phipps data system (Salesforce) when directed
• Attend weekly case conference sessions
• Attend weekly mentors’ coaching sessions
• Attend professional developmental trainings and supervision meetings.
• Manage an active caseload as assigned by Project Coordinator
• Facilitate Interactive Journal sessions
• Maintain accurate database records of mentees including individual and group notes
• Develop strategies for effective intervention, recruitment and program development
• Work closely with program coordinator to assure effective day-to-day operations including but not limited to administrative duties
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or program director
• Associate’s Degree or higher preferred; high school diploma or equivalency Required
• Ability to serve as a strong, positive role model for the community
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Proficient in computer skills, including MS Office
• Demonstrate enthusiasm for working with young adults
• Sense of humor is a MUST!
Phipps Houses and Affiliates is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, citizenship or national origin, ancestry, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Follow Through Intermediate
Supervise Others Intermediate
Verbal Communication Intermediate
Written Communication Intermediate
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
General Equiv Diploma or better.
High School Diploma or better.
Ability to serve as a strong, positive role model for the community
Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)